Saturday November 4 2006
De Harmsdobbe, Bakkeveen, Holland.
Flamborough Head (Holland)
Silver Lining (France)
‘Almost Eden‘ (UK) – shortened acoustic set
- Heb genoten van progfarm, prima organisatie en sfeer. Vond jullie set super. (H.)
- We hebben met volle teugen genoten van jullie gastvrijheid en de frikandellen! (M.E.)
- It was so fantastic there with you, you must believe me: we already miss you! (A.B-B)
- Thank You and Flamborough Head for the wonderful event and the nice days. I think we will come back next year to meet all the best Prog guys. (H-W.R.)
- It is so hard to find words after such a wonderful progressive experience like Progfarm! [….] Big BIG thank you to our Flamborough Friends 🙂 and all the other fantastic bands at this year’s Progfarm Fest! (yesterdays website)
- On behalf of the whole band, I’d like to thank you very very much for those gorgeous days we spent at Progfarm. A cosy, friendly, passionate atmosphere. Really great. (T.S.)
- [….] Ik ben er wel geweest en het was weer geweldig om mee te maken. [….] Maar al met al weer complimenten voor Edo en de Flamborough Heads voor het spotten van al dat (mij) onbekende talent! (RdV)
- Afgelopen zaterdag was het zoals gebruikelijk heel erg gezellig op ProgFarm. Het werd een late thuisreis, maar het was de moeite waard. Onze complimenten voor de leden van Flamborough Head die dit festival al voor de 10de keer organiseerden. Op naar de volgende 10 edities !!! (R.H.)
- I have to say here that I love this ProgFarm festival…(A.S.)
- Just a quick note to thank you all for a wonderfull weekend; you must be very proud of the festival. For me, Progfarm 06 will remain as one of my favourite gigs and I can’t wait to return with the whole band! (H.L-J)
Please visit the prog-live.net homepage for a personal review (including some pics and video’s) of ProgFarm 2006! For a short Dutch review visit Gompie’s website or the website of Het Fries Popnet. For those who understand Hungarian can read Istvan’s review on ProgFarm. Dutch progmagazine IO-Pages published a review on ProgFarm 2006 and a very personal story on ProgFarm by Antonie Deelen (which made us feel very proud), sorry Dutch only.
Thierry (Silver Lining / Acid Dragon) Sportouche wrote a short review on ProgFarm 2006 which was published on several weblists:
Progfarm 10th edition Saturday, November 4th, 2006, De Harmsdobbe, Bakkeveen, Holland. To celebrate the 10th edition of this prestigious festival in the North of the Netherlands, Edo (Flamborough Head’s keyboards wizard) invited 6 bands. A wide selection of various genres for a crowd of more than 200 persons. Ghiribizzi (Belgium) a powerful outfit were convincing with their music close to Marillion even if their set was more energetic than their (gorgeous) first album. Yesterdays (Hungary) were awesome with their symphonic prog featuring flutes, female vocals, fluid guitars… As the biography says, we are not far from You & I, the seminal band at the origins of Yesterdays. I liked it a lot. Splinter (Holland) seduced me too with their powerful melodic rock often close to It Bites. Flamborough Head (Holland) were perfect as usual with their symphonic and refined neo prog. The addition of flutes and female vocals enriches an already tasty blend. Also Eden’s (UK) shortened acoustic set was a thrill. I enjoyed Peter Gabriel’s reprise ’Here comes the Flood’ especially. I recommend their first opus to you strongly. I won’t say a word about Silver Lining (France) since I sing in this band! Anyway, it was a great pleasure for us to play in this Prog Paradise, just a few weeks after the Montreux Prog Nights organised by Dawn in Switzerland on October 6th and 7th where we could appreciate Dawn (great symphonic prog from… Switzerland) precisely, our friends Nemo (awesome neo prog from France close to Pendragon) and Arf (a powerful trio from Basel in the way of King Crimson).
Every visitor of ProgFarm 2006 received our ProgFarm 1997-2006 Anniversary Album recorded at De Harmsdobbe, Bakkeveen.
* 01 Grey Lady Down – The Final Decree
* 02 Twin Age – In The Well
* 03 Lady Lake & Gnidrolog – I Could Never Be A Soldier
* 04 Sinkadus – Positivhalaren
* 05 Mostly Autumn – Shenanigans
* 06 Salmon & Margriet Boomsma – Dancing Bird
* 07 Parallel or 90 Degrees – Embalmed In Acid
* 08 Mangala Vallis – Under The Sea
* 09 Eclat – Tri-Un
* 10 High Wheel – Try An Error
* 11 Morphelia – On The Roof
* 12 Flamborough Head – Year After Year